Are you a student with with a strong interest in sustainable agricultural production systems?
Join the programme in Agroecology exclusively taught in English as an exchange student for one semester and obtain 30 ECTS.
AGROCAMPUS OUEST 's Agricultural Engineering MSc in AGROECOLOGY is based on a transdisciplinary approach of agroecosystems with a focus on agronomical, ecological, environmental, economic and social issues. Emphasis is given to the integration of disciplines focusing on crop-livestock integrated systems that value and preserve biodiversity.
Venue: Rennes, France
Period: From September to January
• Bachelor’s degree with a background in agronomy, crop science, animal science, soil science, ecology, economic and social sciences
• B2 level English proficiency
Application deadline: June 15th
How to apply ?
Our programme prepares students for a wide range of mission:
- Emphasise positive interactions within agroecosystems in order to propose agroecological practices which encourage functional biodiversity, appropriate crop rotations and help the natural regulation of populations and the management of bioagressors
- Manage soil fertility and complete biogeochemical cycles by developing synergies between livestock farming and crops
- Develop a systemic vision of agroecosystems to support, improve and increase farm sustainability
- Evaluate farm sustainability through multicriteria assessment including biodiversity, natural resources and the society
- Help farmers evaluate the relevance of their practices and com-pare them with those of other farmers, and encourage them to create possible changes
- Reflect and open up to new ideas while considering the goals, needs and interests of the stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of transdisciplinary research in agroecology.
- Individual and group-based learning
- Short projects on experimental sites and a transdisciplinary project on a real farm
- Active participation of professionals and scientific partners
- All courses in English
Support offered by AGROCAMPUS OUEST
- Single Welcome Desk
- Free French Language Courses
- Housing Support
|TU 1 : The challenges of Agroecology||RM2E-1||2||More
|TU 2 : Global socio-economical analysis||RM2E-2||2||More
|TU 3 : Theoretical bases of agroecosystem functioning||RM2E-3||6||More
|TU 4 : Sustainability of agroecological systems||RM2E-4||3||More
|TU 5 : Agroecosystem Management Levers in Agroecology||RM2E-5||6||More
|TU 6 : Plant, Soil, Animal interactions||RM2E-6||4||More
|TU 7 : Statistical and spatial engineering tools||RM2E-7||3||More
|TU 8 : Professional Project & Bibliographical Report||RM2E-8||2||More
|TU 9 : Languages||RM2E-9||2||More
The staff is composed of permanent researchers and teachers from AGROCAMPUS OUEST and a team of experts and professionnals.